Abby's Artwork

I've been doing 'tear art' since I was 16. It's unique and fun, I hope you like it!

Name:
Location: SLC, Utah, United States

I'm sharing my strange hobby by blogging. Tear Art!

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Poppies

Ok, enough with the desert pictures. This picture is a standard, decorative, flowers in a vase. 'Flowers in a Vase' is almost a requirement for an artist's collection. It's very cliche. I made it to match a beautiful cherry wood frame I'd bought. I studied Van Gogh's poppies and used real pictures of dandelions from a gardening magazine which denounced them as weeds. They looked so bright I thought they deserved a little more status than weeds. By using real images, instead of just colors, that makes this one more of a collage than a tear art. It's nothing too deep, just nice to look at. It is about 24 in x 18 in. Prints available there in half sizes starting December 23, 2005. Prints in all sizes available here. Copyright, Abby Evans 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<< Home