Abby's Artwork

I've been doing 'tear art' since I was 16. It's unique and fun, I hope you like it!

Name:
Location: SLC, Utah, United States

I'm sharing my strange hobby by blogging. Tear Art!

Monday, October 17, 2005

At Arches

The most famous arch at Arches National Park is the Delicate Arch, of which is displayed on some Utah license plates. I do have sketches to tear art it someday. But, this one is a little more unfamiliar. It's both from a photo and in my head. But, a little artistic license never hurts. This piece was recently displayed at the Days of '47 Deseret News Colors of the Land Art Show, July 2005. It is about 18 in x 20 in. It took about 25 hours to make, and I did most of it late at night in May of 2004. I didn't really give it a name until I entered it in a local art show and the nice check-in lady asked "Where is it?" meaning "Is it in your car? In the back room?" But I thought she meant "Where is it?" I said "At Arches." She responded "Is that what it's called?" So, during a Who's on First? like moment, it got its name. Prints available. Copyright, Abby Evans 2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<< Home