Abby's Artwork

I've been doing 'tear art' since I was 16. It's unique and fun, I hope you like it!

Name:
Location: SLC, Utah, United States

I'm sharing my strange hobby by blogging. Tear Art!

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Fabulous Lady!

Picture taken by Brad Sharp for the North County Newspapers, Provo, Utah. March 13, 2007.


This is a fabulous lady. Mary Ann Judd Johnson was my neighbor growing up. She taught me to watercolor, sketch, draw, think, collage, ignore and take criticism, and to live with a free spirit since I was seven. She also taught art at Lehi High School for many years and took me in as a refugee from physics class almost daily. Her and I have travelled through Europe, to London, Paris, New York, and Washington, DC together. She has the most welcoming, shining personality you'll ever find. She has achieved a vast concentration of watercolors of older homes in the Lehi-American Fork area. They are on display at the American Fork City Building for the upcoming year, 51 East Main in American Fork, Utah.


Good story: When traveling in Northern France to see the Beaches of Normandy our party got lost. We couldn't find the town, visitor center, or anything but the waterfront. We stopped the vans so the drivers could look over the maps. We waited right on the water, looking over the English Channel. When on vacation, why stress and waste time, right? So Mary and I took off our shoes, rolled up our pants, and ran out into the water.

Mary was out a lot farther into the water than I was.

Me, holding my socks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<< Home